Subject: 27.0.50; Thrad signal crashes Emacs with sgmentation fault

From: Christian Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 12:27:19 +0100

Running following works on Linux but not on macOS.

(let ((loop t)
       (iterations 1))
   (while loop
     (make-thread
      (lambda()
        (message "Thread %d" iterations)
        (signal 'error (list "My error"))))
     (setq iterations (1+ iterations))))

Error in console: Fatal error 11: Segmentation faultAbort trap: 6

It seems to be some kind of issue with quitting threads on macOS which 
is not present on Linux

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-apple-darwin18.5.0, NS 
appkit-1671.40 Version 10.14.4 (Build 18E226))
of 2019-07-12 built on Christians-MacBook-Air.local
Repository revision: 8179cbff9ed37e7d8892643859adfad448ae1c7a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description: Mac OS X 10.15.2

Recent messages:
Getting 
/ftp:[email-masked]:/.htaccess...done
Wrote /Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 1 frame, 27 buffers restored.
Initializing Hyperbole...done
Hyperbole 7.0.6 is ready for action.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process /usr/local/bin/hunspell with svenska 
dictionary...
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el’ newer 
than byte-compiled file
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/mail/sendmail.el’ newer 
than byte-compiled file

Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
global-hl-todo-mode: t
flycheck-color-mode-line-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
save-place-mode: t
global-diff-hl-mode: t
diff-hl-mode: t
ssh-deploy-line-mode: t
global-auto-complete-mode: t
flyspell-mode: t
editorconfig-mode: t
which-key-mode: t
csv-field-index-mode: t
global-flycheck-mode: t
flycheck-mode: t
async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
yas-global-mode: t
yas-minor-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
ido-everywhere: t
display-time-mode: t
winner-mode: t
electric-pair-mode: t
desktop-save-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-local-symbol-highlight-mode: t
global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
global-semantic-decoration-mode: t
global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
global-semantic-show-parser-state-mode: t
global-semantic-highlight-edits-mode: t
semantic-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
display-battery-mode: t
global-whitespace-mode: t
which-function-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
window-divider-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-analyzer hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190930.1742/phps-mode-analyzer
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-tags hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190930.1742/phps-mode-tags
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-macros hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190930.1742/phps-mode-macros
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-semantic hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190930.1742/phps-mode-semantic
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-syntax-table 
hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190930.1742/phps-mode-syntax-table
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode-flymake hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190930.1742/phps-mode-flymake
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/phps-mode/phps-mode hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/phps-mode-20190930.1742/phps-mode
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/ssh-deploy/ssh-deploy hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/ssh-deploy-20190917.530/ssh-deploy
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/ssh-deploy/ssh-deploy-diff-mode hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/ssh-deploy-20190917.530/ssh-deploy-diff-mode
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/ssh-deploy/ssh-deploy-hydra hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/ssh-deploy-20190917.530/ssh-deploy-hydra
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/less-css-mode-20161001.453/less-css-mode 
hides /Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/textmodes/less-css-mode
/Users/christianjohansson/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/sb-image hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/obsolete/sb-image
/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/url/url-ns hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/obsolete/url-ns
/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl hides 
/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/obsolete/cl

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util tramp-cache epa-file
ange-ftp tramp-ftp apache-mode eww mm-url url-queue shr svg org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search org-docview org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m semantic/imenu semantic/sb semantic/tag-file
semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/bovine/c
semantic/decorate/include hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/bovine semantic/analyze/refs
bug-reference display-line-numbers rainbow-mode hl-todo flycheck-rust
flycheck-color-mode-line face-remap editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch vc-git init rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap smartparens-html sgml-mode dom
nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok misc ts-comint tss log4e helm helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib json-mode json-reformat json-snatcher tide
tide-lv typescript-mode zenburn-theme smarty-mode paren saveplace
restclient smex flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode exec-path-from-shell ssh-deploy-hydra ssh-deploy
nginx-mode ac-html ac-html-core auto-complete-config auto-complete popup
ztree ztree-diff ztree-diff-model ztree-dir ztree-view ztree-util
gulp-task-runner grunt powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes
phpcbf php-auto-yasnippets php-mode add-log cc-langs php-face php
php-project mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-utils mmm-compat php-eldoc phps-mode derived phps-mode-tags
phps-mode-syntax-table phps-mode-semantic semantic/doc phps-mode-flymake
phps-mode-analyzer semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
phps-mode-wy-macros phps-mode-serial phps-mode-macros web-beautify w3m
doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m
w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util hydra lv hl-line
auto-dictionary flyspell ispell editorconfig ansible-doc org-jira
org-jira-sdk jiralib request autorevert filenotify mail-utils
soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc
puny rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp xml org-clock ecb ecb-symboldef
ecb-analyse ecb-compatibility ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload
radix-tree ecb-tod ecb-cycle ecb-eshell ecb-help ecb-jde
ecb-method-browser hideshow ecb-semantic-wrapper ecb-semantic
ecb-file-browser ecb-speedbar ecb-layout ecb-create-layout
ecb-compilation ecb-common-browser speedbar sb-image dframe ecb-navigate
eieio-compat ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer ecb-upgrade
ecb-cedet-wrapper semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref ecb-util which-key
csv-mode sort flycheck-package package-lint let-alist finder finder-inf
lisp-mnt flycheck flymake-rust flymake-easy flymake-proc flymake
rust-playground time-stamp cargo cargo-process smartparens-markdown
markdown-mode color smartparens-rust rust-mode image+ image-file
google-translate google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui
google-translate-core google-translate-tk google-translate-backend url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf mailcap lorem-ipsum hyperbole hinit hibtypes hib-doc-id
hsys-www klink hib-kbd hib-social hib-debbugs hsys-org org-element
avl-tree smartparens-org org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs hactypes hui-mini hui
hui-mouse hmouse-key hargs hui-menu hyrolo-menu hyrolo hmail hui-jmenu
noutline outline hmouse-sh hmouse-drv hypb locate dired dired-loaddefs
hui-window hycontrol hsettings hui-em-but hbut hact hpath hhist hbdata
htz cal-julian cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs hbmap hmoccur browse-url
hui-select hvar set hversion hload-path darktooth-theme autothemer
smartparens-config smartparens-javascript smartparens-text smartparens
paredit ripgrep thingatpt grep compile minimap skewer-mode cache-table
js2-mode etags fileloop generator xref project js cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
simple-httpd pp url-util doom-themes doom-themes-base base16-theme
dracula-theme with-editor warnings async-bytecomp async server yasnippet
yaxception ht dash know-your-http-well http-status-codes http-relations
http-methods http-headers s use-package up-delight up-diminish up-ensure
up-core pcase cl bind-key easy-mmode ido time winner elec-pair desktop
frameset recentf tree-widget wid-edit semantic/mru-bookmark
semantic/db-mode semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base
semantic/format ezimage semantic/ctxt semantic/decorate/mode
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet delsel battery disp-table
whitespace which-func imenu windmove tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring parse-time ls-lisp format-spec wombat-theme edmacro kmacro
kotl-autoloads rx cl-extra help-mode advice w3m-load info package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 943870 51645)
(symbols 48 80255 3)
(strings 32 259884 5972)
(string-bytes 1 7562303)
(vectors 16 102296)
(vector-slots 8 1189521 55816)
(floats 8 832 297)
(intervals 56 7106 199)
(buffers 992 47))

-- 

Hälsningar / Best Regards
Christian