Subject: Re: bug#39341: Installer using 100% of a CPU core

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 21:58:25 +0200

Hello Bengt,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 07:43:56PM +0200, Bengt Richter wrote:
> Perhaps this old bug in some form?
>     https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=776570
> and solution linked from there might help?
>     http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/333368

No, I believe it is unrelated to the old bug
<https://bugs.gnu.org/40493> when I changed kmscon, since

- this affects the layout switch at the start of the installer or
  when pressing F1 (Alt+Shift is unrelated, I should not have
  mentioned it),

- reverting Ludo’s fix d904abe0768 to the original bug makes layout
  selection work again (but causes the original bug 100% CPU usage)

- German keyboard layout is affected too, even though it does not use
  Alt+Shift toggleing, and

- apparently even with Ludo’s d904abe0768 the layout switch from the
  start of the installer can still be triggered somehow, since
  keyboard layout eventually switched to Amharic, but I don’t know how
  I triggered it last time.

Regards,
Florian