Subject: bug#39340: 26.3; "Noto Emoji" font not displayed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 13:34:51 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 12:54:52 +0900
> 
> > Tested on Windows 8.1: Ebrima does support OSMANYA DIGITs.
> >
> > However, I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows 8.1: both OSMANYA
> > LETTERs and OSMANYA DIGITs are correctly displayed using Ebrima.  So
> > my guess is that some font you installed gets in the way.

I've now installed Noto Sans Osmanya on that Windows 8.1 system, and I
still cannot reproduce the problem.  In "emacs -Q", both the Osmanya
letters and digits are displayed using the Ebrima font, and if I
evaluate this right after starting "emacs -Q":

  (set-fontset-font t '(#x10480 . #x104A9) "Noto Sans Osmanya")

then they are all displayed using Noto Sans Osmanya.

So, unless uninstalling Unifont Upper fixes the problem, I don't think
I know what is wrong on your system.

Just FTR: I tested this on Windows 8.1 using Emacs 25.1, as I don't
have Emacs 26 there.  Not sure if that matters.