Subject: Re: bug#39340: 26.3; "Noto Emoji" font not displayed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:43:30 +0200

> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 10:46:39 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Also I found that OSMANYA DIGITs(U+104A0..U+104A9) are not displayed.
> > By default, OSMANYA LETTERs(U+10480..U+1049D) are displayed with Ebrima
> > font. But OSMANYA DIGITs are displayed as boxed hex numbers.
> > Explicitly evaluating (set-fontset-font t '(#x104A0 . #x104A9) "Ebrima"),
> > OSMANYA DIGITs are displayed as boxed hex numbers.
> 
> Maybe Ebrima doesn't have glyphs for OSMANYA DIGITs?  I'm not on
> Windows 10, so I cannot check that.

Tested on Windows 8.1: Ebrima does support OSMANYA DIGITs.

However, I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows 8.1: both OSMANYA
LETTERs and OSMANYA DIGITs are correctly displayed using Ebrima.  So
my guess is that some font you installed gets in the way.

One way of digging into this is start "emacs -Q", set font-log to nil,
then type "C-x 8 RET 10490 RET", and then evaluate font-log.  Be sure
to expand the ellipsis at the end of the value, to have the full list,
and look at what fonts did Emacs try to open.  (The list is in reverse
order, so start reading it from the end.)  Post the log here if you
cannot figure this out.