Subject: 27.0.50; highlighted region remains highlighted after command

From: Juang Dse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 16:37:58 +0100

I am in octave-mode running an inferior octave shell. Now I mark a region
and issue 'octave-send-region'. As expected, all commands are executed and
echoed in the shell buffer, and highlighting is finally cleared.

After a couple of more region-sending, however, it stops to work: The
corresponding commands are still executed, but the *highlighting fails to
clear* (it can be cleared using Ctrl-g).

I see this behavior now for at least a couple of years, before that it was
ok.
BTW, in shell-mode and matlab-mode the corresponding region is never
cleared after sending.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll
bars)
 of 2019-11-14
Repository revision: 99550f20a0cf294e271a1132ff1e5e57554c74f2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12007000
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 45385 6034)
 (symbols 48 5994 1)
 (strings 32 16089 1767)
 (string-bytes 1 511995)
 (vectors 16 10040)
 (vector-slots 8 129233 11602)
 (floats 8 22 25)
 (intervals 56 216 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))