Subject: bug#3932 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.96; doc for `ad-*-arg*' does not mention zero-indexing)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:15:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#3932: 23.0.96; doc for `ad-*-arg*' does not mention zero-indexing

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3932: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3932
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.96; doc for `ad-*-arg*' does not mention zero-indexing
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 16:08:40 -0400

> Both the Elisp manual doc (node Argument Access in Advice) and the doc
> strings of the functions that get and set args fail to mention that
> POSITION starts at zero for the first arg.  The example in the manual
> indicates this, but the zero-indexing should also be called out
> explicitly.

Fixed, thanks.

Subject: 23.0.96; doc for `ad-*-arg*' does not mention zero-indexing
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:16:09 -0700

Both the Elisp manual doc (node Argument Access in Advice) and the doc
strings of the functions that get and set args fail to mention that
POSITION starts at zero for the first arg.  The example in the manual
indicates this, but the zero-indexing should also be called out
explicitly.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.96.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-07-09 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'