Subject: Re: close 3931 (doc of select-frame-set-input-focus and select-frame)

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:05:07 -0700

Hello Chong,

Chong Yidong wrote:
> close 3931
> thanks

You have used the close command to close the an open bug and did not
provide any additional information.  Please could you say why you
think this bug should be closed?  Has the bug been fixed?  Is the bug
no longer relevant?  Have you committed a change that addesses this?

Note that when you use a 'close' command to close a bug report a
simple notification of action is sent to the user who submitted the
bug.  If you choose to close a bug this way please ensure that the
user is also notified of why the action is taken.  Otherwise the bug
submitter has no information.  This can be very frustrating.  See the
documentation for the 'close' command to see that it explicitly calls
out this use case as a problem and asks maintainers to ensure that
they communicate, probably by sending a separate message, why the bug
is being closed.
  
  See the section 'close bugnumber'
  http://debbugs.gnu.org/server-control.html

Thanks,
Bob