Subject: Re: [PATCH WIP] gnu: add stack.

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 17:59:34 -0500

Hi John,

John Soo <[email-masked]> writes:

> I tried using this patch and it still fails. Could I be missing
> something?

I’m not sure, but I got the shadowing to work.  In fact, you don’t need
shadowing at all.  You can just pass “--with-hsc2hs=/gnu/store/...” as a
configure flag:

    (arguments
     `(#:configure-flags
       (let ((hsc2hs (assoc-ref %build-inputs "ghc-hsc2hs")))
         (list (string-append "--with-hsc2hs=" hsc2hs "/bin/hsc2hs")))))

Unfortunately, it doesn’t help.  Looking at the source code, “hsc2hs”
*is* calling GCC with a response file.  AIUI, GCC is supposed to
continue to use response files for all of its subprograms.  Hence,
everything should work.  I’m stumped.  :/

I’ll take another look with a fresh mind sometime, and see if I can make
any progress.

-- Tim