Subject: bug#39302: closed (Re: bug#39302: XFCE user cannot log out, shutdown, or reboot via GUI)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 00:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39302: XFCE user cannot log out, shutdown, or reboot via GUI

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39302: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39302
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39302: XFCE user cannot log out, shutdown, or reboot via GUI
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 20:29:14 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Jesse,
>
> can you still reproduce this? For me at guix 1.1.0-4affa91 (current
> core-updates) log out, shutdown and reboot does work.

It works co me as well.  Closing.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: XFCE user cannot log out, shutdown, or reboot via GUI
From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:29:38 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I click "Applications->Log Out" it gives me the usual choice to
log out, shut down, reboot, etc. When I click an option other than
cancel, it closes the dialog, but does nothing. When I go back to
"Applications->Log Out", an error dialog pops up (screenshot attached).
It says,
Failed to run action "Log Out..."
GDBus.Error: xorg.xfce.SessionManager.Error.Failed: Session manager
must be in idle state when requesting a shutdown

Thus, xfce is unusable as a desktop.

I installed my current system with commit
a4ac25df71a5b397d0a8e758e53ea3ba8981ecda because (last I checked) after
that commit upower is broken (and thus guix system is practically
unusable on a laptop). 
-Jesse