Subject: Re: bug#39294: Can't run ./configure

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:32:13 +0100

Hi Damien,

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 09:18, Damien Cassou <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> > $ guix environment guix --pure

[...]

> This did the trick, thank you. I got a lot of error messages though:

You mean using the option '--pure', right?

Which shell do you use ? Bash or a more exotic one?

> $ guix environment guix
> guile: warning: failed to install locale
> substitute: /gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)

I think Ludo answered you in another bug report [1]. :-)

Well, you need to install 'glibc-locales' both in your user profile
and in the root profile (do not forget to restart the Guix daemon
service).
Note that the subset 'glibc-utf8-locale's provides ("de_DE" "el_GR"
"en_US" "fr_FR" "tr_TR"), lighter than the fill 'glibc-locales' if it
fits your locale.

[1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39325#8

All the best,
simon