Subject: bug#39294: Can't run ./configure

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 09:38:56 +0100

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:
> Which Guix version do you use (command "guix describe")?

$ guix describe
guile: warning: failed to install locale
Generation 1    Jan 27 2020 21:46:02    (current)
  guix 4fc4e5f
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 4fc4e5fdd9da6320aa94eeec61cbb84a7dc9460e

>  Against which Git commit?

$ git log | head -n 1
commit 195e1c1b080e41f5405d820a4f02fc7b20194ace

> I do not know if it is related to the option '--localstatedir=/var'.
> But except if you have changed the default when installing Guix, it is
> required at ./configure time. Well, it is documented for example here
> [1] or there [2] or overthere [3]. I know... :-) My question is:
> because you missed it (as I also did),

I didn't miss it when I tried. I just missed it while writing the
email. Adding the option didn't change a thing. Also, I followed the
easy installation method with guix-install.sh to I expect I'm using
defaults.

Best,

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill