Subject: bug#39290: closed ([PATCH] Correct regexp for flags in 'format' doc string)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39290: [PATCH] Correct regexp for flags in 'format' doc string

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39290: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39290
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH] Correct regexp for flags in 'format' doc string
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 10:08:17 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks, I installed that in your name into the emacs-27 branch. I think doc 
fixes like that are still good for the emacs-27 branch.

Subject: [PATCH] Correct regexp for flags in 'format' doc string
From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 15:21:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The doc string for 'format' contains

  where field is [0-9]+ followed by a literal dollar "$", flags is
  [+ #-0]+, width is [0-9]+, and precision is a literal period "."
  followed by [0-9]+.

The spec for flags isn't a correct regexp; the hyphen should be last.  This matters, because people copy it into their code without thinking (observed in the wild).

Patch acceptable for emacs-27?