Subject: bug#39289: closed (Re: bug#39289: Can't use i3: status_command not found)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39289: Can't use i3: status_command not found

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39289: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39289
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39289: Can't use i3: status_command not found
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 20:26:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Damien Cassou <[email-masked]> writes:

> It seems i3status should be installed as well to make i3 work with the
> automatically generated i3 configuration.

This is already fixed on the master branch, since commit
676eb5880ec2fae03752513c2442aae0bda9bfc4.

Sorry for the inconvenience!  We should get that 1.1 release out soon.

Subject: Can't use i3: status_command not found
From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 14:16:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I've just installed Guix using graphical installation and I chose i3 as
my WM. After first boot and even after upgrading my system, i3 always
tells me that:

Error: status_command not found or is missing a library dependency
(exit: 127)

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill