Subject: bug#39288: Wrong keyboard layout to decrypt hard drive

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 13:24:11 +0100

Damien,

Damien Cassou 写道：
> during graphical installation I chose to encrypt my hard drive 
> and to
> use the colemak keyboard layout. After the system rebooted, 
> typing the
> passphrase in colemak didn't work and I got dropped into rescue
> mode. The rescue mode is in qwerty, not colemak.

Could you check whether your system configuration's 
bootloader-configuration actually contains a keyboard-layout 
field?

       (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
                     (bootloader grub-efi-bootloader)
                     (target "/boot/efi")
       -->           (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)))

The last time I tried adding this myself (granted: that was a year 
ago) it broke my GRUB, so today I still type my passphrase once in 
Qwerty and once in Dvorak.  Much secure!

Kind regards,

T G-R