Subject: Re: bug#39286: 27.0.60; Wrong font for Cyrillic characters in emacs buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 19:10:15 +0200

> From: jumper 047 <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 11:06:11 +0300
> 
> To reporduce launch 'emacs -Q', then type C-x 8 RET 444 RET inside
> *scratch* buffer.
> Expected character 'ф' displayed with font Courier New, but got
> character displayed with BatangChe

Thanks.  This is very strange, since the Courier New font, which is
used for the default face in "emacs -Q" on Windows, does have that
character.  I tried on 2 different Windows systems, and on both Emacs
used Courier New.

Does anyone else see this?

Could you please do the following and post the results?

  emacs -Q
  M-: (setq font-log nil) RET
  C-x 8 RET 444 RET
  RET
  font-log C-j

The "font-log" part in the last line should be on a separate line in
the *scratch* buffer (that's what RET before it is meant to arrange),
and C-j (i.e. Ctrl-j) should be pressed with the cursor after the 'g'
character that ends "font-log".

The result of C-j will be a long list, with some "..." in it.  Please
go to each such "..." and press RET on it, to have the list fully
expanded.  Then post here that list.

Thanks.