Subject: bug#39286: 27.0.60; Wrong font for Cyrillic characters in emacs buffer

From: jumper 047 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 11:06:11 +0300

To reporduce launch 'emacs -Q', then type C-x 8 RET 444 RET inside
*scratch* buffer.
Expected character 'ф' displayed with font Courier New, but got
character displayed with BatangChe

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-12-29 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 21c3020fcec0a32122d2680a391864a75393031b
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
System Description: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
(v6.1.1130.7601.24544)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
<scroll> is undefined
Quit
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install -C 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: RU
  locale-coding-system: cp1251

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 48850 9493)
 (symbols 48 6424 1)
 (strings 32 17234 1955)
 (string-bytes 1 529944)
 (vectors 16 10818)
 (vector-slots 8 136883 15172)
 (floats 8 22 281)
 (intervals 56 605 2573)
 (buffers 1000 12))