Subject: Re: bug#39281: gdm doesn't start

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:06:49 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hmm, if you want to find out whether we could fix it, could you invoke:
>
> useradd gnome-initial-setup

I added gnome-initial-setup to my operating system config and reconfigured 
with 94600c3960d7e2f12a3a9b6d2ed0d98ddacdd055 (the commit before you 
appled the patch).

This did not solve the problem for me.

However, the following messages on the console (presumably from logind):

new session c1 for user gnome-initial-setup

followed a little while later by

removed session c1.

During a successful boot, I see

new session c1 for user gdm

followed by the gdm login screen appearing.

Best,
Jack