Subject: bug#39279: 28.0.50; file-name-completions problem with tramp-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 15:18:28 +0100

On the trunk, a recent change has broken file-name-all-completions:

(let ((tramp-mode nil)) (file-name-all-completions "" "/tmp"))
=> nil

(let ((tramp-mode t)) (file-name-all-completions "" "/tmp"))
=> ("2020-01-19T13:10:50.4.jpg" "mpv-shot0232.jpg" ...)

They gave identical results in Emacs 27.  My suspicion is that this has
something to do with the recent /media: tramp changes, but I haven't
chased it down to a specific commit.

Hm...  I'm only seeing this on:

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11, cairo version 1.14.8)
 of 2020-01-25 built on quimbies
Repository revision: f42d57c7dbd571b449270c8899a67e537561c2b2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

And not on:

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-01-21 built on marnie
Repository revision: c1b6cf6757fbd00cf6e8cae23e1670b9ff794811
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no