Subject: bug#39277: 26.3; Tcl font lock does not understand quoting

From: mvar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 13:01:08 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> How 'bout the patch below?
>
> Pushed to `master`,
>
>
>         Stefan

hi Stefan,

apologies for late reply, i needed a couple of days to work with the
patched tcl.el in my (disgustingly large) tcl codebase to be sure
nothing breaks & can confirm now. The original case is solved
(although the enclosed {"string} is not font-locked as string but i
wouldn't consider it an error) plus it fixes the following:

    proc foo4 () {
       puts "hello}"
    }

this was marked as valid before your changes but tclsh won't accept it
as such - the bracket } inside the string needs to be escaped when inside a proc
context (but as a plain statement there's no such requirement).

many thanks,
Michalis