Subject: bug#39277: (no subject)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 09:31:57 +0100

mvar <[email-masked]> writes:

> there's some generic(?) syntactic font lock getting triggered once the
> doublequote character is found, that expects a closing doublequote -
> until then everything is locked as a string. Is this what this bug is
> about (it was not 100% clear to me from your initial report) ? i'm
> attaching a patch that works around this behavior but i don't know if
> it is the proper way to deal with the problem (it certainly doesn't
> look pretty).

I'm not sure, either -- it's been a while since I did Tcl programming,
but this change doesn't seem very invasive at least, and fixes this
specific problem, so I've applied it to Emacs 28.

This change was small enough to apply without assigning copyright to the
FSF, but for future patches you want to submit, it might make sense to
get the paperwork started now, so that subsequent patches can be applied
speedily.  Would you be willing to sign such paperwork?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no