Subject: bug#39260: closed (Re: bug#39260: bug#41409: “guix pull” should show a progress bar for channel updates)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 22:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39260: (guix git) does not report progress when cloning or fetching

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39260: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39260
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39260: bug#41409: “guix pull” should show a progress bar for channel updates
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 23:52:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> And now the Guix side of it:
>
>   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43968

Merged in 298f9d29d6c26e408a90d08d147d926aa6f81ab3, closing!

Ludo’.

Subject: (guix git) does not report progress when cloning or fetching
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 10:39:11 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Currently commands such as ‘guix pull’ do not report progress while
cloning of fetching a Git repo.  This is problematic when that takes a
while, for instance the first time one runs ‘guix pull’ (doing a full
clone).

We should add missing bindings (if any) to Guile-Git and use them to
show a progress bar or similar.

Ludo’.