Subject: [bug#39258] [PATCH 2/4] ui: Use string matching with literal search strings.

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 22:51:06 +0530

> I confirm that it changes nothing.  See [1].
>
> 1: http://issues.guix.gnu.org/39258#112

Yes, I did read your earlier mail. And, I tried again, this time with
patch 1 alone. It certainly makes a difference on my machine. It is
clear from the code logic that it should make a difference on your
machine as well, at least for longer queries. But, somehow it isn't and
I do not understand why. :-(

Here are more fresh results. Could you try for longer queries like
"strategy game caesar" and without the output being piped to recsel,
grep, etc.? For simplicity, let's talk only about warm cache results.

|----------------------------------+--------+-------|
| query                            | before | after |
|----------------------------------+--------+-------|
| guix search strategy game        |   2.58 |  1.96 |
| guix search strategy game caesar |   2.95 |  1.76 |
|----------------------------------+--------+-------|