Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] Xapian for Guix package search

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 21:04:38 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 20:13, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> /tmp/test/bin/guix search emacs | recsel -C -P name | wc -l
> 10
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> Maybe I am doing a mistake.

I think this issue is fixed when changing the 'pagesize' value.

Well, with '(pagesize 4294967295)' and using the same commit
(c1febbbf94), I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix time-machine --commit=c1febbbf94 -- guix search games | recsel -C
-p name | wc -l
247

./pre-inst-env guix search games | recsel -C -p name | wc -l
236
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

(I modified the patches in order to pull once to generate the index at
commit c1febbbf94 and then do some stuff.)

Note that the old "guix search" does not output blender and Xapian
does even if the term 'games' is not in the description but 'game' is.
Well, I am comparing the different list, i.e., "guix search games |
recsel -C -P name | sort" to see which one is in one list and not the
other one.

But before going more ahead, let polish a bit the patches to more
easily test without the double environment etc.
And because I am using good old HDD and some SSD comparison should be welcome.

All the best,
simon