Subject: Re: bug#39245: 26.3; 'mouse-face highlighting is extended beyond EOB

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 12:40:52 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I'd be damned if I ever agree to hack that piece of code again.
>> Making it DTRT with bidirectional text was a heck of a ride at the
>> time, and I have no reason to want to take it again.

:-)

>> People who are annoyed enough by the corner cases presented in this
>> bug report are welcome to try their teeth, I promise to lend any help
>> I can to those brave souls.

OK, I hope somebody feels the urge to have a peek at this problem at
some time.

> IOW, I can live with this behavior without problems, and could even
> argue it should be expected.

Yes, extending to the end of the buffer could arguably be expected
behaviour...  if it did this consistently (but it doesn't do this if
there's a newline in the region, which makes it unarguably a bug, I'd,
er, argue).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no