Subject: bug#39225: closed (Re: [PATCH 0/2] QEMU updates)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 02:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39225: [PATCH 0/2] QEMU updates

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39225: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39225
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] QEMU updates
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 21:13:59 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 01:55:50PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> The security updates work with our current QEMU package of 4.1.1 as well
> as 4.2.0.
> 
> I tested both 4.2.0 and the patched 4.1.1 by creating a vm-image and
> running it with the "full" QEMU package, and the SLIRP networking works
> fine in both cases.

Pushed as 3778b3d9d013a443eec7990c31f47f887f72fe59, along with a 3rd
patch that brings back the QEMU man pages. QEMU 4.0 began requiring the
use of Sphinx to build them:

https://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/4.0#Build_Dependencies

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] QEMU updates
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 13:55:50 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The security updates work with our current QEMU package of 4.1.1 as well
as 4.2.0.

I tested both 4.2.0 and the patched 4.1.1 by creating a vm-image and
running it with the "full" QEMU package, and the SLIRP networking works
fine in both cases.

Leo Famulari (2):
  gnu: QEMU: Fix CVE-2020-{7039,7211}.
  gnu: QEMU: Update to 4.2.0.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   3 +
 gnu/packages/patches/qemu-CVE-2020-7039.patch | 173 ++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/patches/qemu-CVE-2020-7211.patch |  49 +++++
 ...qemu-fix-documentation-build-failure.patch |  43 +++++
 gnu/packages/virtualization.scm               |   7 +-
 5 files changed, 273 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/qemu-CVE-2020-7039.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/qemu-CVE-2020-7211.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/qemu-fix-documentation-build-failure.patch

-- 
2.25.0