Subject: bug#39224: closed (Re: bug#39224: 27.0.60; project-search fails to jump to match)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39224: 27.0.60; project-search fails to jump to match

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39224: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39224
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39224: 27.0.60; project-search fails to jump to match
From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:40:41 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> On 21.01.2020 21:30, Felician Nemeth wrote:
>> Steps to reproduce the bug: [...]

Following the steps given in the original report, I cannot reproduce the
bug anymore with Emacs 28.2.  Therefore I attempt to close the issue.

Thanks.

Subject: 27.0.60; project-search fails to jump to match
From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:30:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce the bug:

mkdir /tmp/bug
cd /tmp/bug
git init
echo -e "aa\nbb\ncc" > one
echo -e "aa\nbb\ncc" > two
emacs -Q /tmp/bug
M-x project-search RET bb RET
M-x fileloop-continue RET
M-x project-search RET aa RET

The first project-search correctly finds "one" and moves the point to
"bb".  The second project-search pops the buffer named "one" but doesn't
move the point to "aa", which is what I expected to happen.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2020-01-21 built on betli
Repository revision: 7e37e61f4b9729ac54d80715de9dcc928e0aaf26
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: hu_HU.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils fileloop
generator cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
vc-git diff-mode easymenu easy-mmode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc cl-loaddefs cl-lib vc-dispatcher project dired dired-loaddefs
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 57703 7609)
 (symbols 48 7277 1)
 (strings 32 20790 1902)
 (string-bytes 1 649988)
 (vectors 16 11760)
 (vector-slots 8 148900 12844)
 (floats 8 32 47)
 (intervals 56 270 0)
 (buffers 1000 16))