Subject: Re: bug#39211: [PATCH 1/1] 00-repl-server.test: don't use fixed path for socket

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 17:50:54 +0100

Hi Rob,

Rob Browning <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Even setting aside any security concerns, this caused tests to fail if
> you ran them as a given user and then ran them again as another user.

Oops, indeed.

>  It didn't look like we have anything like mkdtemp or I'd have used it
>  instead.  And it looks like this might apply to, and it would be nice
>  to have something like it on stable-2.2 as well.

I thought we had ‘mkdtemp!’ but it’s just in Guix.  :-/

Well we can go that way for now, perhaps with a FIXME comment suggesting
the use of ‘mkdtemp!’ once it’s available.

Also please make sure to include a ChangeLog-style commit log.

Apart from that it LGTM!

I think we should add ‘mkdtemp!’ to libguile in a separate commit; it’s
OK to _add_ procedures during a stable release.

Thanks,
Ludo’.