Subject: bug#39210: closed (Re: bug#39210: Guile 3.0: &assertion undefined in (rnrs conditions (6)))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 16:59:01 +0000

Your bug report

#39210: Guile 3.0: &assertion undefined in (rnrs conditions (6))

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39210: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39210
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39210: Guile 3.0: &assertion undefined in (rnrs conditions (6))
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 17:58:20 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The module (rnrs conditions (6)) exports &assertion but renames the
> imported &assertion-failure to &assertion-violation (not &assertion).
> Programs using &assertion from (rnrs conditions) fail with an unbound
> variable error.
>
> Using &violation instead of &assertion works.

I believe commit 1b8e9ca0e37fab366435436995248abdfc780a10 fixes it.

Thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: Guile 3.0: &assertion undefined in (rnrs conditions (6))
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 23:31:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The module (rnrs conditions (6)) exports &assertion but renames the
imported &assertion-failure to &assertion-violation (not &assertion).
Programs using &assertion from (rnrs conditions) fail with an unbound
variable error.

Using &violation instead of &assertion works.

--
Ricardo