Subject: Re: bug#39207: 28.0.50; crash when sending gnus message

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 10:32:57 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 10:06:41 +0100, [email-masked] (Gĳs Hillenius) said:

    Gĳs> Dear Robert et al,

    Gĳs> I am not sure this will help you any, but here is the output from a gdb
    Gĳs> session without debug symbols, where I eventually ended up C-g'ing
    Gĳs> emacs-snapshot, because it was misbehaving on Gnus.

    Gĳs> Gnus works fine in Debian's Emacs (26.3) (knocks wood), but in this
    Gĳs> weekend's emacs-snapshot, it is doing the strangest things: selecting
    Gĳs> the next message in a thread in mail (nnimap), it won't show the
    Gĳs> message, but jump to a earlier message, (some ten lines or so higher)
    Gĳs> *and* mark all mail messages below this message as 'moved' (without
    Gĳs> moving them really). It also adds a new empty line at the end, which
    Gĳs> when I try to select it, will cause the CPU to go to 100%.

    Gĳs> In news (nntp) it is impossible to read the next message in a thread, it
    Gĳs> will simply bounce back to the first message in the thread. Trying to
    Gĳs> exit gnus will cause emacs to hang.

If you still have this in gdb, can you run 'bt'? (debug symbols would
really help. If you build your own emacs you'll get debug symbols,
although Iʼm surprised your snapshot has been stripped).

Robert