Subject: Re: bug#39204: r-rgdal: Reading of vector GIS data causes segfault

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 20:50:25 +0100

Hi,

Thank you for reporting.

The issue is that the error is not catched at build time. It is not
expected. This package should fail and not say "successfully built".

Well, this needs more investigation.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build r-rgdal --check --no-grafts -K
[...]
phase `install' succeeded after 19.0 seconds
starting phase `check'
Testing examples for package ‘rgdal’
/gnu/store/dnb6fzp5295fcda66dnjk2y51mcva20f-r-minimal-3.6.2/lib/R/bin/BATCH:
line 60:   598 Segmentation fault      ${R_HOME}/bin/R -f ${in}
${opts} ${R_BATCH_OPTIONS} > ${out} 2>&1
[...]
successfully built /gnu/store/7spmagnk5fycwxsigdypwkmk4kazbw7a-r-rgdal-1.4-8.drv
note: keeping build directory `/tmp/guix-build-r-rgdal-1.4-8.drv-0'
/gnu/store/dgkyzlasbqsxcsfk3n3bgmhrpg447f55-r-rgdal-1.4-8
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Good catch! :-)

All the best,
simon

--

$ guix describe
Generation 68   Jan 16 2020 15:57:09    (current)
  guix d14e474
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: d14e4745b36a835c6babd5b5f5562e12294cd9cf