Subject: GNOME desktop is not displaying battery status

From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 08:34:41 -0700

At the top-right corner of the GNOME desktop I expect to see my
laptop's battery status. Furthermore, when my laptop's battery drains
to a low percentage I expect to see a notification warning me before it
dies. This is not the case.

I temporarily fixed this by rolling back my system generations, but
since I want to add some services I don't want to keep it like this. I
don't know what the issue is, but gnome-desktop-service-type and its
dependencies are my primary suspects.

I ran guix system list-generations and got the following results:

The battery status displays with a system built in commit
a066e289ab8ea971336515b53dd5340cbdf90904
This commit uses Linux-Libre 5.4.6 in case that's important.

It does not display with a system build in commit
6e02ef79f574855db28e23d891db690925119e7b
This commit uses Linux-Libre 5.4.12.

I hope this information is helpful in fixing this issue. I will work on
determining which commit breaks it.

-Jesse