Subject: Re: bug#39203: GNOME desktop is not displaying battery status

From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 08:09:25 -0700

On Tue, 2020-01-21 at 09:50 +0100, Robert Smith wrote:
> I'm experiencing the same issue, upower-daemon is simply exiting
> immediately after startup. Can we just revert upower to the previous
> version for the time being? Seems like the 0.99.11 release is broken.
> 
> -Robert
Hi Robert,
Since the upower-daemon is exiting on startup, we should check if it
requires any build step or configuration not needed for 0.99.10. If so,
future releases are likely to require that step as well, so we should
work on fixing that. Meanwhile, I agree that reverting to 0.99.10 is
the next best solution, since this bug is keeping us from having an up-
to-date system with a function as basic as a power indicator.

The 0.99.10 tarball is no longer hosted. :( We will need to change the
source to git. The repository is <
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/upower/upower>.

My current workaround is to use a channel at commit
a4ac25df71a5b397d0a8e758e53ea3ba8981ecda when I reconfigure my system.
That's the commit before upower was upgraded.