Subject: bug#39199: closed (Re: bug#39199: Edit in installer doesn't work)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 22:24:01 +0000

Your bug report

#39199: Edit in installer doesn't work

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39199: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39199
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39199: Edit in installer doesn't work
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 23:22:58 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I followed Ludo's call for testing the installer. I built an installer
> image from commit da76518. I couldn't find anything installer related on
> master branch since then. You can found the image here:
> https://brielmaier.net/guix-system-install-1.0.1-1.da76518.x86_64-linux.iso

Thanks a lot for testing!

> I'm testing in the Hetzner "Cloud", so basically in a VM with
> VGA/Display-output over HTTP. Everything is smooth until I click "Edit"
> at the end. I add some stuff (vim, screen packages) to the config.scm in
> nano, save it and then I click on "OK". Instead of the starting the
> actual installation, I get back to the very beginning of the
> installation proccess (choose locale).

I believe commit 48659aa22170a252c9b2e60f16fbe9f83a6deba4 fixes it.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: Edit in installer doesn't work
From: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 12:43:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I followed Ludo's call for testing the installer. I built an installer
image from commit da76518. I couldn't find anything installer related on
master branch since then. You can found the image here:
https://brielmaier.net/guix-system-install-1.0.1-1.da76518.x86_64-linux.iso

I'm testing in the Hetzner "Cloud", so basically in a VM with
VGA/Display-output over HTTP. Everything is smooth until I click "Edit"
at the end. I add some stuff (vim, screen packages) to the config.scm in
nano, save it and then I click on "OK". Instead of the starting the
actual installation, I get back to the very beginning of the
installation proccess (choose locale).

You can't do the same again as the hard disk doesn't show up in the
partitioner anymore.

~Jonathan