Subject: Re: bug#39188: 28.0.50; w32 cursor redisplay problem

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 18:11:25 +0200

> From: Fabrice Popineau <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 16:39:56 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
>  Please show a reproduction recipe starting from "emacs -Q".  Your
>  image seems to show a trace on every line, which is not what I see
>  here.  What I see here is 2 artefacts: one in the middle of the
>  window, another at its beginning, and this problem seems to have
>  started with Emacs 25.1, not a few months ago.
> 
> From what I tried, it is not completely deterministic (or it depends on many parameters).
> Best bet to reproduce the problem: visit some long org file like or-manual.org from the org distribution,
> with 'emacs -Q',
> use C-S-tab 3 times to expand all headings 
> and run sequences of C-n and C-p to force scrolling of the buffer. 
> You should see those artefacts at some point.

Sorry, I don't.  I only see one or 2 artefacts in the window, as I
described.