Subject: Re: bug#39187: Fwd: "Package refresh is already in progress, please wait..."

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 14:52:24 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I've created bug#39200 for Emacs 27.1, and bug#39202 for Emacs
>> 28.1. I've also marked bug#39187 as blocking bug#39200.
>>
>> However, this will only work if this list of blocking bugs is maintained
>> by people.
>
> Thanks.  I suggest to let emacs-devel know about this.

Will do. Just now I'm working on debbugs-gnu.el, in order to let it know
these special bugs. A new debbugs release shall appear soon.

OTOH, I don't know whether Eli has a policy when to declare a bug
blocking for a Emacs given release. We should avoid that everybody
declares her own pet bug as release-critical.

admin/release-process speaks only about the "how" of creating / handling
blocking bugs, not about "when".

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Best regards, Michael.