Subject: Re: bug#39175: git interface from savannah and using mail seems to slows down workflow

From: bill-auger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 15:18:14 -0500

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:59:47 +0100 Jens wrote:
> Here I have to write a mail for a bug.

hi jens -

FWIW, other people would be inclined say "on github, i have to
use a web browser and a mouse - most of those projects do not
allow me interact via email - and i can not sign my work or
messages using that interface" - workflows are just a matter of
preference - many people greatly prefer a fully keyboard-driven
workflow, and find email to be much more convenient

also, the savannah project has a bug tracker and a patch
submission interface - you could use those instead of email - it
is really not so different from github

as a final note, the FSF tech team is currently considering
to replace or supplement savannah with pagure; which has a more
mouse-centric interface, that would probably be more familiar:
online editing, pull requests, all that snazzy jazz, that people
have come to expect in recent years