Subject: bug#3917 closed by Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.91; Building the latest Emacs on Mac OS 10.3)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:05:08 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,ns package:

#3917: 23.0.91; Building the latest Emacs on Mac OS 10.3

It has been closed by Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3917: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3917
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.91; Building the latest Emacs on Mac OS 10.3
From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:01:15 -0400

Closing, the NS port will no longer support 10.3 unless someone steps  
up to write the alternative code.  I've updated the README to reflect  
this.

Subject: 23.0.91; Building the latest Emacs on Mac OS 10.3
From: Alex Schröder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:42:24 +0200

I've been using an Emacs built in March for a while now. When I checked out
the latest Emacs from CVS and tried to build it, it failed. I've included
the output of the build process that seems to be the cause of the problem.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.91.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0, NS apple-appkit-743.43)
 of 2009-03-13 on Alpinobombus.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.743
configured using `configure  '--with-ns''

nsimage.m: In function `-[EmacsImage getPixelAtX:Y:]':
nsimage.m:433: warning: `NSBitmapImageRep' may not respond to `-colorAtX:y:'
nsimage.m:433: warning: cannot find method `-colorAtX:y:'; return type `id'
assumed
nsimage.m: In function `-[EmacsImage
setPixelAtX:Y:toRed:green:blue:alpha:]':
nsimage.m:464: warning: `NSBitmapImageRep' may not respond to
`-setColor:atX:y:'
nsimage.m:464: warning: cannot find method `-setColor:atX:y:'; return type
`id' assumed
nsimage.m: In function `-[EmacsImage setAlphaAtX:Y:to:]':
nsimage.m:481: warning: `NSBitmapImageRep' may not respond to `-colorAtX:y:'
nsimage.m:481: warning: cannot find method `-colorAtX:y:'; return type `id'
assumed
nsimage.m:483: warning: `NSBitmapImageRep' may not respond to
`-setColor:atX:y:'
nsimage.m:483: warning: cannot find method `-setColor:atX:y:'; return type
`id' assumed
gcc -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/Users/alex/Source/emacs/src
-Dtemacs    -g -O2   nsfont.m
nsfont.m: In function `ns_attribute_fvalue':
nsfont.m:121: error: `NSFontTraitsAttribute' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:121: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nsfont.m:121: error: for each function it appears in.)
nsfont.m:121: warning: `NSFontDescriptor' may not respond to
`-objectForKey:'
nsfont.m: In function `ns_spec_to_descriptor':
nsfont.m:143: error: `NSFontWeightTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:147: error: `NSFontSlantTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:151: error: `NSFontWidthTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:153: error: `NSFontTraitsAttribute' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:157: warning: `NSFontDescriptor' may not respond to
`-fontDescriptorWithFamily:'
nsfont.m:157: warning: cannot find method `-fontDescriptorWithFamily:';
return type `id' assumed
nsfont.m: In function `ns_descriptor_to_entity':
nsfont.m:168: warning: `NSFontDescriptor' may not respond to
`-objectForKey:'
nsfont.m:170: warning: `NSFontDescriptor' may not respond to
`-symbolicTraits'
nsfont.m:170: warning: cannot find method `-symbolicTraits'; return type
`id' assumed
nsfont.m:170: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a
cast
nsfont.m:181: error: `NSFontBoldTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:186: error: `NSFontItalicTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:192: error: `NSFontCondensedTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:192: error: `NSFontExpandedTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:201: warning: `NSFontDescriptor' may not respond to
`-symbolicTraits'
nsfont.m:201: warning: cannot find method `-symbolicTraits'; return type
`id' assumed
nsfont.m:201: error: `NSFontMonoSpaceTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m: In function `ns_findfonts':
nsfont.m:476: warning: `NSFontDescriptor' may not respond to
`-matchingFontDescriptorsWithMandatoryKeys:'
nsfont.m:476: warning: cannot find method
`-matchingFontDescriptorsWithMandatoryKeys:'; return type `id' assumed
nsfont.m:484: warning: `NSFontDescriptor' may not respond to
`-objectForKey:'
nsfont.m:489: error: `NSFontSlantTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:494: warning: `NSFontDescriptor' may not respond to
`-objectForKey:'
nsfont.m:498: error: `NSFontItalicTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:498: warning: cannot find method
`-fontDescriptorWithSymbolicTraits:'; return type `id' assumed
nsfont.m:499: warning: cannot find method `-fontDescriptorWithFamily:';
return type `id' assumed
nsfont.m: In function `nsfont_open':
nsfont.m:667: error: `NSFontWeightTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:669: error: `NSFontSlantTrait' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m: In function `ns_uni_to_glyphs':
nsfont.m:1274: warning: multiple declarations for method `initWithCapacity:'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSArray.h:108:
warning: using `-(id)initWithCapacity:(unsigned)numItems'
nsterm.h:315: warning: also found `-initWithCapacity:(unsigned long)c'
make[1]: *** [nsfont.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/alex/Source/emacs/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2
Alpinobombus:~/Source/emacs alex$