Subject: bug#39169: 28.0.50; Confusing obsolete variable warnings in eieio-defclass-autoload

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 22:05:26 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> You mean we should change the default of `eieio-backward-compatibility`
> to nil?

No, I meant removing the warning, since we no longer have any in-tree
usage of this stuff (I think).

> Maybe you're right.
>
> We're currently removing things that were made obsolete in Emacs-23,
> whereas those were made obsolete in Emacs-25, but setting that var to
> nil is not as drastic as removing those vars and functions, so it's
> probably OK to do it already.

Hm...  it does sound a bit drastic...  But now I'm wondering why Michael
isn't just setting/binding eieio-backward-compatibility to nil?  Then
the warnings would go away, and he probably aren't using the compat
symbols, anyway?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no