Subject: bug#39168: closed (Fwd: bug#39168: 27.0.50; Error on command line flags with use dump-file flag with other flags)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 23:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39168: 27.0.50; Error on command line flags with use dump-file flag with other flags

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39168: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39168
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Fwd: bug#39168: 27.0.50; Error on command line flags with use dump-file flag with other flags
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 15:52:04 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: 27.0.50; Error on command line flags with use dump-file flag with other flags
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Report Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 23:26:48 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

- dump an image: emacs --batch -q --eval '(dump-emacs-portable
  "~/.emacs.d/emacs.pdmp")'
- start emacs: ~/bin/emacs -q --dump-file=/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/emacs.pdmp -g 151x50
- error: command-line-1: Unknown option ‘--dump-file=/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/emacs.pdmp’

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-apple-darwin19.0.0, NS appkit-1894.10 Version 10.15.1 (Build 19B88))
of 2019-11-30 built on missSilver
Repository revision: e2828795d73637577c7726965974a047fe2d7119
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.2

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
command-line-1: Unknown option ‘--dump-file=/Users/yuan/.emacs.d/emacs.pdmp’
Configured using:
'configure --with-modules --with-pdumper=yes
--oldincludedir=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/libxml2/'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 42181 10308)
(symbols 48 5889 1)
(strings 32 15052 1161)
(string-bytes 1 491530)
(vectors 16 9263)
(vector-slots 8 118824 9670)
(floats 8 19 27)
(intervals 56 127 0)
(buffers 1000 11))