Subject: [bug#39142] Update USB_ModeSwitch.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 12:02:46 +0000

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:29:41 +0000
> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> 1: https://guix-patches-data.cbaines.net/compare?base_commit=9edae6c05cd879393d59702f033f4c3ccce30dba&target_commit=0115c829cc1021b01b1686c5d28a7f6004390c83
>
> Very nice!

Thanks :)

> In general, I suggest to also list license changes.  Whether we like it or
> not, in practice those happen and it's important to know (especially to know
> when they stay the same).

So, the Guix Data Service does know what licenses are associated with a
package. I guess it could list packages where that's changed on the main
comparison page, is that what you're referring to?

In my mind at least, the primary issue when reviewing packages is making
sure the license list for the package corresponds with the actual
licenses that apply to the contents. That's a little harder, as you'd
have to download the source tarball, and run licensecheck or something
similar, but hopefully that can be automated at some point!

Chris