Subject: bug#39126: closed (Re: bug#39126: GStreamer fails with coglsink)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 14:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39126: GStreamer fails with coglsink

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39126: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39126
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39126: GStreamer fails with coglsink
From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 22:10:59 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Still true, but I just pushed a fix to remove coglsink, thanks.

Subject: GStreamer fails with coglsink
From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 01:23:37 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

I've noticed recently, that GStreamer (specifically, but not limited
gst-play-1.0) would fail from the command line, whereas GStreamer-based 
applications (such as Totem) work fine.  After some debugging, I found
out that the offending element was coglsink, which is pulled in through
some propagation chain by GNOME, and automatically included in
GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH as a result.  Clearing this variable or
specifying any other video sink (except autovideosink, which just loads
coglsink), acts as an effective workaround.
I believe, this might be related to the recent upgrade to 1.16.2, but I
am unsure whether this is really GStreamer's fault or mine for having
weird hardware.  Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Regards,
Leo