Subject: Re: bug#39123: Difficulty installing icecat in kubuntu

From: bill-auger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 03:45:43 -0500

the gnuzilla release needs to be started from the command line,
or using the F2 "run" dialog - the filename of the executable
is: 'icecat' ; depending on where you extracted icecat, the
command would be something like this:

  $ /home/me/Downloads/icecat/icecat

if you want shortcut buttons to appear in your menus, you would
need to add a .desktop file like this one:

https://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/plain/libre/icecat/icecat.desktop

and you would need to change the 'Exec=' and 'Icon=' lines in
that file to point to where you extracted icecat - something
like:

before:
  Exec=icecat %u
  Icon=icecat

after:
  Exec=/home/me/Downloads/icecat/icecat %u
  Icon=/home/me/Downloads/icecat/browser/chrome/icons/default/default128.png

then save that .desktop file as:

~/.local/share/applications/icecat.desktop