Subject: Re: bug#39121: 27.0.60; occur: Add bindings for next-error-no-select

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 08:41:14 +0200

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> All right, this might work. Patch!

Skimming the patch, it makes sense to me.  (But I didn't try it.)

> The immediate visible benefit is that all matches on the same line are
> highlighted, not just the first one. It also fixes the compatibility
> problems mentioned above by removing occur-highlight-regexp entirely.
>
> External packages that populate occur-mode buffers themselves should
> still work, since the old `occur-target` property format is still
> recognised. In those cases we just highlight from the first match to
> the end of the line.

Great; go ahead and push.

(And I see that `occur-highlight-regexp' was introduced after emacs-27,
so it's indeed OK to just remove it like your patch does.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no