Subject: bug#39118: Segfault while building on 64-bit Cygwin

From: Charles Stanhope <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 20:56:44 -0800

On 2/6/20, Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Given that John said that compilation went fine with
> GUILE_JIT_THRESHOLD=-1, I think perhaps this problem may have been fixed
> in the past.  My suspicions are that this issue is an ABI issue with
> lightening that could perhaps be reproduced by:
>
>   git co https://gitlab.com/wingo/lightening
>   cd lightening
>   make -C tests test-native
>
> Of course any additional confirmation is useful and welcome!

I haven't been able to get guile to compile under Cygwin (just a
compilation error I haven't had time to track down), but I was able to
quickly try the above. I get:

Testing: test-native-call_10
call_10.c:9: assertion failed: e == 4
/bin/sh: line 1:  7063 Aborted                 (core dumped) ./$test
make: *** [Makefile:31: test-native] Error 134

Despite what it says about a core dump, I find no such thing. Just a
file with the same name as the executable suffixed with ".stackdump".
(I did attempt to configure the Cygwin dumper before running the
tests.) Unless somebody suggests otherwise, I think the error message
is more useful.

--
Charles