Subject: bug#39118: Segfault while building on 64-bit Cygwin

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 10:54:40 -0500

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 8:51 AM Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> That I understand.  However, I was asking for the backtrace of the crash
> on Cygwin when JIT is enabled.  Could you grab it?
>

1. The wisdom of the Internet has not been able to figure out how to
generate a core dump on MacOS 10.15.2 (Catalina).  The usual set of
enabling steps can be performed without error, but still no core dump.

2. Until today I believed that there was no way to generate a Cygwin core
dump.  I know now that there is, but I may not be able to test it until
Monday.  I'll let you know, and hopefully that will provide insight into
the MacOS problem as well.

3.  I will try to work further on the MacOS libffi problem (which surfaces
when you do --disable-jit to bypass the above problem) to convince MacOS to
use GNU libffi rather than the native one.  It probably has to do with
pkg-config, which I barely understand.

"All problems are config problems."

John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        [email-masked]
We are lost, lost.  No name, no business, no Precious, nothing.  Only empty.
Only hungry: yes, we are hungry.  A few little fishes, nassty bony little
fishes, for a poor creature, and they say death.  So wise they are; so just,
so very just.  --Gollum