Subject: bug#39118: GNU Guile 2.9.9 Released [beta]

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 12:26:27 -0500

Guile 2.9.9, like .8 and .7, does not build on Cygwin (64 bit).  Configure
runs without error, but make crashes with this (truncated to just the tail):

Making all in bootstrap
make[2]: Entering directory
'/cygdrive/c/Users/rr828893/Downloads/guile-2.9.9/bootstrap'
  BOOTSTRAP GUILEC ice-9/eval.go
  BOOTSTRAP GUILEC ice-9/psyntax-pp.go
  BOOTSTRAP GUILEC language/cps/intmap.go
  BOOTSTRAP GUILEC language/cps/intset.go
  BOOTSTRAP GUILEC language/cps/graphs.go
  BOOTSTRAP GUILEC ice-9/vlist.go
  BOOTSTRAP GUILEC srfi/srfi-1.go
/bin/sh: line 6:  4294 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 ../meta/build-env guild compile
--target="x86_64-unknown-cygwin" -O1 -Oresolve-primitives -L
"/home/rr828893/Downloads/guile-2.9.9/module" -L
"/home/rr828893/Downloads/guile-2.9.9/guile-readline" -o "srfi/srfi-1.go"
"../module/srfi/srfi-1.scm"
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1930: srfi/srfi-1.go] Error 139
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/cygdrive/c/Users/rr828893/Downloads/guile-2.9.9/bootstrap'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1849: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/cygdrive/c/Users/rr828893/Downloads/guile-2.9.9'
make: *** [Makefile:1735: all] Error 2

All previous problems (which were easy to work around) have gone away in
this release, which is progress, but it doesn't get me past Guile 2.2.

John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        [email-masked]
Your worships will perhaps be thinking that it is an easy thing
to blow up a dog? [Or] to write a book?
    --Don Quixote, Introduction