Subject: bug#39112: closed (Re: bug#39112: 27.0.60; gnus-summary-attach-article 'S A' with multiple articles selected repeats latest article)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 19:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39112: 27.0.60; gnus-summary-attach-article 'S A' with multiple articles selected repeats latest article

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39112: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39112
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39112: 27.0.60; gnus-summary-attach-article 'S A' with multiple articles selected repeats latest article
From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:15:40 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:34:29 -0800
>> 
>> > Please push into release branch.
>> 
>> Let me just confirm with Eli here, as I'm not 100% on policy -- Eli, is
>> this sort of bugfix okay for the 27 branch?
>
> Yes, thanks.

Done, thank you.

Subject: 27.0.60; gnus-summary-attach-article 'S A' with multiple articles selected repeats latest article
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:24:05 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

New command 'S A' ('gnus-summary-attach-article') is not working
properly with multiple articles.

* Steps
1. Select multiple articles in summary buffer using process mark '#'
2. 'S A'
3. Creates a new message buffer with multiple articles attached. BUT all
the articles are same. The latest among the selected articles is
repeated multiple times.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 9, x86_64-apple-darwin19.2.0, NS appkit-1894.20 Version 10.15.2 (Build 19C57))
 of 2020-01-13 built on Pankajs-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: d47b157969356f15e038dbbfa4da7769f6f98583
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.2

Recent messages:
Opening nnimap server on gml...done
nnimap read 0k from imap.gmail.com
No more unseen articles
No more unread articles
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer
Composing main Info directory...done
Auto-saving...
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Quit [2 times]
Expiring articles...done

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0' CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib'

Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug org-bullets org-element avl-tree ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug
backtrace gnus-uu yenc flow-fill bbdb-message sendmail flyspell ispell
nnir shr-color vc-git diff-mode sort gnus-cite smiley mm-archive
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnfolder bbdb-gnus epa-file gnutls
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-alias gnus-sum url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history mailcap shr url-cookie url-domsuf url-util svg
xml dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc
puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr cl-extra
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company
pcase display-line-numbers yasnippet help-mode elec-pair hideshow direnv
dash sanityinc-tomorrow-bright-theme color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow
color paren which-key init server init-prog flymake-proc flymake
warnings init-edit init-keys init-looks delight hl-line init-env
exec-path-from-shell init-melpa init-tools projectile grep compile
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table
ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site
timezone icomplete edmacro kmacro erc-auth erc-join erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat thingatpt pp erc-loaddefs tramp-cache tramp-sh
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601 time-date
ls-lisp format-spec recentf tree-widget wid-edit rx info package
easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 568885 60395)
 (symbols 48 35566 6)
 (strings 32 119109 14067)
 (string-bytes 1 4158379)
 (vectors 16 58394)
 (vector-slots 8 951194 62772)
 (floats 8 568 516)
 (intervals 56 5830 818)
 (buffers 1000 106))

-- 
Pankaj Jangid