Subject: Re: bug#39090: Installer fails on install disk built from master

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 22:52:41 +0100

Hi Gábor,

Gábor Boskovits <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> b307b58 bad
> 1133596 good

In that range there’s this commit:

  commit fd885160fcfde710e415252463c1034f22f88e59
  Date:   Sun Jan 5 03:09:35 2020 +0100

      gnu: guix: Update to f38eabe.

      * gnu/packages/package-management.scm (guix): Update to f38eabe.

However, it itself embeds all the changes to the daemon (and ‘guix
substitute’, and related code) in this range:

  41b4b713f4892918a9a1950acdd89f33b977d143..f38eabe952608478230895e380ef441d65ea625e

The changes in this range under nix/ are rather uninteresting, but those
for ‘guix substitute’ have more potential:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ git log --oneline 41b4b713f4892918a9a1950acdd89f33b977d143..f38eabe952608478230895e380ef441d65ea625e -- guix/scripts/substitute.scm
f4cde9ac4a download: Do not leak file descriptors on TLS ports.
22f06a2128 progress: Add 'progress-report-port'.
4736d06f78 challenge: Report the best narinfo URI.
a6492178bd substitute: Remove unused procedure.
9e3f9ac3c0 substitute: 'http-multiple-get' no longer drops requests above 1,000.
434138e2f2 substitute: Make '%allow-unauthenticated-substitutes?' public.
4f5234be03 substitute: Don't fetch /nix-cache-info.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

(I haven’t yet tried to reproduce the problem, though.)

Ludo’.