Subject: bug#39086: closed (Re: [bug#39086] [PATCH 3/5] gnu: Add unicode-cldr-common.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 15:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39086: [PATCH] Enable Emoji support in IBus

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39086: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39086
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#39086] [PATCH 3/5] gnu: Add unicode-cldr-common.
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 16:33:36 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Bumping this for review.

Sorry for the delay.

I’ve made a few minor changes and pushed the patches to the master
branch (last commit 933bb1acdb).

Thank you!

--
Ricardo

Subject: [PATCH] Enable Emoji support in IBus
From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 12:58:08 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

After ibus-enabling my GNOME Desktop, I dug up an ancient bug, which
causes Ctrl-Shift-u to no longer work.  It appears that in IBus both
this feature and Emoji typing are handled through the Emoji engine,
which is currently disabled in the Guix build of the ibus package. 
Hence I started working enabling emoji support.

I tested this specific series with a VM based on my own current
settings, i.e. with GNOME, GUIX_GTK3_IM_MODULE_FILE set to the system-
wide immodules-gtk.cache and with the ibus-anthy engine specifically. 
>From what I can tell, it does not appear as if Emoji Typing is enabled
until an IBus method (e.g. anthy) is added to GNOME, but that appears
to be on the GNOME side of things and is perfectly fine by me.

Regards,
Leo