Subject: Re: [bug#39086] [PATCH 3/5] gnu: Add unicode-cldr-common.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 08:41:30 +0100

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, den 16.01.2020, 22:08 +0100 schrieb Ricardo Wurmus:
>> Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > * gnu/packages/ibus (unicode-cldr-commmon): New package.
>> 
>> This should be:
>> 
>>     * gnu/packages/ibus.scm (unicode-cldr-commmon): New variable.
>> 
>> You know, I wonder if these things really belong to ibus.scm.  I
>> remember a TODO somewhere in the code that bemoaned the lack of
>> versioned Unicode data files.  Perhaps we should just add a new
>> module
>> (gnu packages unicode) — what do you think?
> I don't mind either way, but these packages don't fix the TODO.  They
> add yet unseen features.

That’s okay.  I just think we should start that new unicode.scm module
to finally have a place for these data files.  That would be a more
appropriate place than ibus.scm.

-- 
Ricardo